In this article, we are happily providing you Gujarat Judicial Service Examination Syllabus and Exam Pattern which will help you understand the exam pattern of the Gujarat judiciary Pdf.
The Gujarat Judicial Service Examination is a highly competitive and prestigious examination in the state of Gujarat. It is conducted to recruit candidates for the position of Civil Judge in the Gujarat Judicial Service. The examination is conducted by the Gujarat High Court and consists of three stages: a preliminary examination, a main written examination, and a viva voce (interview) round. The preliminary exam assesses candidates’ knowledge of law and general awareness, while the main exam evaluates their understanding of substantive and procedural laws. Successful candidates undergo a viva voce interview to assess their communication skills and legal acumen. It is a rigorous process to select competent individuals for the esteemed role of a Civil Judge in the state’s judiciary.
Gujarat judicial service examination Syllabus and Exam Pattern
Every year thousands of law graduates from Gujarat try for the Gujarat judicial service examination. Today in this article we will give information about the format of the judiciary exam and syllabus. So that it will help the students to study for the exam. The Gujarat judicial service examination is taken by the Gujarat High court.
There are three stages to become Gujarat Judiciary Civil Judge
First stage – Preliminary Exam
Second stage – Mains Exam
Third Stage – Viva Voce
In the preliminary exam, 100 questions of the objective type are asked. One question is for one mark and some students are shortlisted from all the examinees and they are selected for the mains exam. The duration of this exam is 2 hours.
Syllabus for Preliminary Exam
Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973
Indian Penal Code, 1860
Indian Evidence Act, 1872
Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881 (Only Chapter XVII)
The Gujarat Prohibition Act, 1949
Civil Procedure Code
The Limitation Act, 1963
Indian Contract Act, 1872
Constitution of India – [Part-III – Fundamental Rights (Articles 12 to 35A) & Part-IVA – Fundamental Duties]
Test of Reasoning,
Numerical and Mental Ability
Basics of Computer Applications.
Mains Exam – Gujarat Judicial Service Examination Syllabus
After the preliminary exam, some of the students are shortlisted on the basis of marks and they get a chance to give mains exam.The main examination consists of 3 papers. The first paper is on criminal law and the second paper is on civil law and third paper is on Gujarati Language.
Paper No 1
(1) The Indian Penal Code, 1860
(2) The Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973
(3) The Indian Evidence Act, 1872
(4) The Probation of Offenders Act, 1958
(5) The Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2015
(6) The Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005
(7) The Gujarat Prevention of Gambling Act, 1887
(8) The Immoral Traffic (Prevention) Act, 1956
(9) Pre-conception and Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques (Prohibition of Sex Selection) Act, 1994
(10) The Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881(Only Ch.XVII)
(11) The Registration of Births and Deaths Act, 1969
Paper No 2
(1) The Code of Civil Procedure, 1908
(2) The Limitation Act, 1963
(3) The Indian Contract Act, 1872
(4) The Indian Partnership Act, 1932
(5) The Specific Relief Act, 1963
(6) The Gujarat Court Fees Act, 2004
Paper No 3
Third paper is on Gujarati Language (50 Marks)